Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Aaaand I'm grounded.



  Alright, so I got grounded. I don't get grounded a lot, but when I do, it's for a while. This time, it's for three weeks. Three weeks away from making music and networking. I didn't do anything too bad really; I have straight A's and am involved in multiple extracurricular activies/clubs, buuuut I'm not allowed to be on my computer at certain times, regardless of what the login is for. And I got on for ten minutes before I went to school to check my SoundCloud from the night before. Inherently, this was a terrible idea. I didn't see anything too wrong with it, but I guess it was worth being grounded for three weeks. Sooo, as this relates to my musical endeavors, all production will be put on hold for a little while. Which sucks, because I just got asked to put down a couple tracks for a short film my buddy Ethan is making.

  On the bright side, this sudden lock-down has spurred a strong desire to learn something new. So, as it stands right now, I'm attempting to learn how to play the guitar. This isn't really my first time trying to learn, but I think it'll be the most effective time, as I really have nothing else to do. As to how I'll learn, I have a couple books on beginning guitar as well as this neat little learning tool called "Rocksmith". It's sort of a game, but not really. It teaches you how to play a wide variety of songs, and as far as I'm concerned, will teach you many techniques to help you expand your knowledge on playing guitar. So I guess it's kind of cool. I wish they had that sort of tool for learning how to produce, but I don't think any game developers are licensing Maschine-based video games any time soon.

  Other than that, I'm not really up to anything else. I'm starting to make a lot more visual art. I made my friend Liz an entei and I made myself an artist logo. Both are kind of n00by, but it's certainly better than nothing. I'll post those pictures at the bottom of the page.


  Cool. Just checking in with you guys. If anything relatively interesting happens within the next few weeks, I'll let you know, but other than that, I'll be away.

  Later! :)


                               

                                                                                                 --Weebs









The Entei I made for Liz.


And the artist logo I made for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment